SECURE YOUR SERVERS
Key things to note for keeping your servers secure:
- Keep servers, switches and hubs locked.
- Monitor and limit access to server rooms.
- Consider fire and flood risks as well as theft.
- Keep server rooms cool.
- Ensure server rooms have redundant power supplies.
Server security tips
- Seek expert advice from a trusted supplier.
- Restrict the number of administrator passwords.
- Consider using a hardware firewall for your servers.
- For servers running Microsoft operating systems, run Microsoft Baseline Security Analyser for security advice.