The Malawi CERT was established to take charge of actions that enhance protection of information infrastructure and serve as a base for national coordination to respond to cyber security threats. The Malawi CERT has the mandate to executes the following minimum services:
- Reactive services earl warning and precaution notice, incidents processing, incidents analysis, incident response facility, incidents response coordination, incident response on the web, vulnerability treatment, vulnerability analysis, vulnerability response and vulnerability response coordination;
- Pro-active services public notice, technological surveillance, security audit and assessment, security installations and maintenance, security tools development, intrusion detection servicesand security information dissemination;
- Artefacts treatment artefacts analysis, response to artefacts,coordination of response to artefacts, risk analysis, continuationand resumption of activities after disaster, security
- Consultation and sensitization campaign, education or training and product appraisal or certification; and
- Do anything incidental to the functions of Malawi CERT.